Welcome to your training for the Real Bookkeeping Experience!
Hello! If you are a newly qualified bookkeeper and you are looking for your first real experience in accounting – welcome to our training course which has been especially designed for those who wants to move from Theory to Practice.
The training is not about studying text book and we do not pursue the aim to prepare you for an examination. The course aims to help you to acquire practical bookkeeping and accounting knowledge and start working as a bookkeeper. We provide One to One or Distance training.
In this training course we will reveal to you knowledge which was gained through years of successes and mistakes, by trial and errors!
Why choose our training course?
Because we offer a training course which includes:
- The Real bookkeeping process based on the real company’s accounts and real primary paperwork;
- Sage training as you go;
- Unique training methods including real internet communication with a client;
- High quality support from an experienced professional bookkeeper;
- Distance training from home or one to one.
The Real Bookkeeping Experience training course is based on the real internet communication. Nowadays electronic mail is the most popular way of business communication. Our method allows you to impart practical e-mail skills necessary to establish successful communication with your clients from home.
You will be sent electronically the tasks that should be completed for the client together with the primary sources of information (invoices, bank statements etc). It is exactly the same way how it works in the real life!
Objectives and structure
The scenario is:
You are subcontracted by an accounting firm to provide bookkeeping services from home to one of their clients.
The main objectives that we pursue in the training course are to teach you how to:
- Keep accounting records from posting opening balances in the beginning of the financial year till completing the Trial balance and transferring the TB figures to an accountant in order to prepare financial statements;
- Operate Sage accounting software or keep the company’s accounting records using Excel spreadsheet;
- File paperwork;
- Present your workings in a way understandable both for you and an accountant;
- Liaise with a client;
You will not be asked to do our client’s job like sorting out our client’s expenses receipts. You will be working on one Company’s books which include the following tasks:
- Extracting information from last year financial statements;
- Opening balances;
- Day-to-day bookkeeping up to TB using Sage 50 Accounts;
- Fixed assets register and depreciation;
- Accounting for VAT;
- Bank reconciliation;
- Accounts reconciliation;
- Provisions for Accruals, Prepayments;
- Month End;
- Year End;
- Preparation of a draft of financial statements.
Price of the Training
- You may choose a combination of One to One and Distance Training, e.g. to buy a Distance Training and visit us if there is a need. We conduct training in East London.
- £25.00 per hour for One to One training.
- £327.00 for Distance training.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
What skills are needed to enroll on a course?
The training course requires full understanding of bookkeeping terms. Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping system, TB, TPL, BS is essential. You should have a good understanding of the difference between the five basic types of accounts (assets, liabilities, equity, income and expenses).
You must be computer literate and be familiar with Word, Excel, e-mail and the internet.
What equipment is needed?
Our Courses require the same equipment as you need working as a bookkeeper:
- computer or laptop;
- broadband access;
- Sage 50 Accounts software;
- Microsoft Office pack including Excel, Word;
- stationery, good quality puncher, stapler.
Investing in equipment now will save your time setting up your business later.
How complicated are the accounts I will be working on?
The accounts have been very carefully chosen to give you the opportunity to prepare everything yourself for the first time. They are not simple and you will have to work hard. On the other hand they are not too complicated to scare you off.
What do I do if I need help?
We will advise and guide you when you require support throughout the course.
We will assess your work and help you improve your skills.